August 12th, 2020
Welcome! Chief Residents for 2020-2021 Join the Panel
The editors and staff of NEJM Journal Watch warmly welcome our new panel of Chief Residents for the 2020-2021 academic year. This will be a challenging year for all healthcare professionals, and we are grateful that these five dedicated, talented, and busy physicians have agreed to share their concerns and triumphs with the NEJM Journal Watch community.
Our 2020-2021 panel:
- Stephanie Braunthal, DO (Chief Resident, Cleveland Clinic Foundation)
- Holland Kaplan, MD (Chief Resident, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston)
- Vivek Sant, MD (Chief Resident, NYU Langone Health, Bellevue Hospital, and Manhattan VA)
- Sneha Shah, MD (Chief Resident, VA Eastern Colorado Healthcare System)
- Masood Syed, MBBS (Chief Resident, Saint Vincent Hospital, Worcester, MA)
Good-bye, 2019-2020 Chiefs!
We will never forget our 2019-2020 panel, who bravely pushed on in the face of unprecedented changes in every facet of their professional and personal lives during 2020. We’ll always remember their stories of courage and their calls for social justice. Their concern with the wellness of physicians during residency (and beyond) and their tips and tricks for maintaining work-life balance inspired residents worldwide. So, thank you, Prarthna Bhardwaj, MD, MBBS; Eric Bressman, MD; Allison Latimore, MD; Daniel Orlovich, MD, PharmD; and Frances Ue, MD, MPH! We congratulate you on your resilience (and offer best wishes on your new marriages, babies, and professional accomplishments). Thanks for letting us have a glimpse into your lives.